You've seen some of us around town, at our store on East Boulevard or maybe even busting a move at your favorite celebrity trainer series (that was Brit!). Or maybe you haven't!? We're thrilled to more formally (and informally) introduce ourselves and hope you say "hey" the next time you run into us! Meet the Fit Atelier team!
BRIT MORTON TURNER
I'm a former Beauty Publicist + exiled New Yorker turned wellness entrepreneur in land of milk and honey (aka I love North Carolina and I'll never leave! You can't make me!). I've worked on some of the best beauty brands in the world: Oribe Hair Care, OUAI, Sonia Kashuk for Target, EVE LOM, Topshop Beauty and so many more. I lived in NYC for ten years and my husband, Wes, and I moved to Charlotte when I was 8 and a half months pregnant. We literally lived in our house a week before our sweet and crazy daughter Jude was born. One day I asked him if we could take a trip back to New York just to work out and his response was no - so that's how Fit Atelier was born. When I'm not working out, I'm a major wine snob, but I love a really refreshing Charlotte brewed beer too. And when I'm not wearing the chicest activewear ever from Fit Atelier, you'll always catch me in LoveShackFancy or Ulla Johnson - two brands that I'm majorly obsessed with. I love spending time with my family and my dog, and I feel like the luckiest person on the planet because I get to work with my sister and husband on something that I'm really passionate about.
1. What is your favorite type of workout? SCLPT MTHD, West Kept Secret, Hilliard Studio Method, all the good dance cardio classes like Body By Simone, DanceBody, NW Method, any workout that is totally insane, different and has really cool music
2. 2018 fitness goal - go! UM, this is a vain one, but I'd like to be back to back at my wedding weight.
3. On cheat day I have to have... Bread; all the bread - brioche, croissants, biscuits, wheat bread, white bread, garlic bread, milk bread, soft rolls from K&W.
4. Fave post-workout fuel in Charlotte? CHOPT is my go-to because their Sweet and Smoky Chipotle Vinaigrette is incredible.
5. What is your favorite Fit Atelier brand of the moment? PE Nation because they are the perfect combo of sporty and sexy.
6. True confessions... I've always been an athlete (I was a college cheerleader!), but I didn't take a group fitness class until I was 28ish because I didn't think I'd like working out with people. I am RARELY wrong, but this is the instance in my life where I look back and think about how SO REALLY wrong I was. Obviously I am obsessed with group fitness now. Fun fact: my first group fitness class was Tracy Anderson Method.
I'm a former Medical Social Worker turned fitness enthusiast. Fitness didn't become a part of my every day routine until a few years ago and I am so grateful it did. Indoor cycling is my first love but I'm always open to try any workout. I grew up outside of Charlotte in Concord, NC before going off to college at Appalachian State University. After I graduated college, I moved to Asheville where my love for the outdoors truly blossomed. I spent a summer in Alaska (highly recommend to anyone who needs a change) before relocating back to Charlotte. I'm so thrilled to be back in the 704 and a part of the Fit Atelier team. Come sweat with me!
1. What is your favorite type of workout? SoulCycle, SCLPT MTHD, West Kept Secret, Hilliard Studio Method + HSM Core; Chakti Yoga.
2. 2018 fitness goal - go! Set a PR for my next half marathon and break two hours.
3. On cheat day I have to have... All the chips, queso, salsa, guacamole, and tacos.
4. Favorite post-workout fuel in Charlotte: Anywhere with a lobster roll.
5. What is your favorite Fit Atelier brand of the moment? I'm literally obsessed with all of them but currently my go-to's include Varley leggings, Lilybod leggings and crop top, and KORAL shorts.
6. I can't live without my... APL's! Game changer for HIIT workouts and dance cardio.
7. Do you ever stop working out? If I'm not at a group fitness class or working in store at Fit Atelier, you can probably find me outdoors hiking, playing on the lake, or at a concert.
Hey! I'm the newest member of the team and our Director of Business Development. I'm a California native and just moved to Charlotte with my fiance after spending a little time in NYC. I started my career in investment banking and spent the last several years working in business development and strategy consulting for consumer & retail comapnies. I joined Fit Atelier and combined all of the things I know and love - incredible workouts, inspiring fashion, business innovation and most importantly, being a part of an amazing team that isn't afraid to get a little sweaty.
1. I can't live without my.... Ultracor leggings, JadeYoga mat and my running playlist (I update it obsessively).
2. 2018 fitness goal - go! Run a half marathon and do five unassisted pull ups in a row. Lofty goal for me but I'm working on it!
3. What is your favorite type of workout? Do I have to pick one?! Depends on the day but I love hot yoga, running and bootcamp style workouts and of course...SCLPT MTHD and West Kept Secret!
4. On cheat day I have to have... Good wine and french fries.
Hi! I'm a seasoned entrepreneur and the COO for Fit Atelier. My background is in logistics. I started Uber before there was Uber with Boomerang Transport. It's a non-emergency medical transportation service that partners with drivers throughout the United States who take injured workers to their doctor's appointments. I'm on the team to help implement organization and steer the business in the direction that our CEO points to. It is also important to know that the boss is also my wife and we have an amazing little girl.
1. What is your favorite type of workout? When it comes to my fav I have to go with the old faithful. Running.
2. 2018 fitness goal - go! I'm in the middle of trying every class in Charlotte that is female focused. Stay tuned for my reviews on the classes.
3. On cheat day I have to have... Papi Queso and beers from Resident Culture.
4. Why I love Fit Atelier... The entrepreneur in me loves a new challenge even if it means surrounding myself in leggings and sports bras. Honestly the best parts are watching my wife become a successful business owner and getting to know all these strong women through Fit Atelier like Marissa and Heidi of West Kept Secret, the Hilliards of HSM and Abby Wilson. Charlotte's got a lot (sorry for the pun) and I'm thankful to be along for the ride.